April 26, 2019

The CPSC recalled the Viessmann Vitodens boilers due to carbon monoxide hazard. The Vitodens boiler heat exchanger backing can corrode and leak gases. This allows the boiler to emit large amounts of carbon monoxide, which puts consumers at risk for carbon monoxide pois...

April 26, 2019

The CPSC announced a recall of the CHAMBORD stove top espresso makers due to a fire and burn hazard. The handle of the device can ignite from the flame of a gas stove, posing a serious fire and burn hazard. Consumers should stop using the device immediately and return...

April 12, 2019

Happy Fire Safety Friday!

This week is all about pet safety! We all care for our pets like they’re our children, so lets make sure that they are protected like one! More than 500,000 pets are affected by house fires each year, and it is imperative to make sure that you...

April 12, 2019

The USPCS recalled Spector & Co’s T119 Elf Power Bank Chargers. The chargers were found to overheat while charging a device, posing a fire hazard. The power banks come in three colors, gun-metal blue, black, red and grey. On the top of the charger, there are two labels...

March 29, 2019

Happy Fire Safety Friday!

Fire extinguishers play a crucial role in the event of a fire, however they are not the only tool to help you and your family’s safety in the event of an emergency.

For a fire to ignite, three components must be present: oxygen, heat and fuel. T...

March 29, 2019

The Consumer Product Safety Commission recalled the ProPlus Brass Flare Swivel Fitting from Interline Brands on March 28th, 2019.

The fittings can potentially leak, causing a fire hazard. Two reports have been filed stating that the fittings leaked during installation.

I...

March 22, 2019

Happy Fire Safety Friday!

Spring is finally here! To kick off the new season, let’s go over some important safety tips as you begin your Spring cleaning! Remove any hazards that are present in your home. Be sure to check for any frayed appliance cords, wires or any dama...

March 15, 2019

Happy Fire Safety Friday! 

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that is emitted when gasoline, wood, coal, propane and any other fuels are burned completely. Stoves, and ovens in our kitchens, or even generators and vehicles running in an attached part of...

March 14, 2019

The CPSC has has issued a recall of HP notebook computers and mobile workstations due to fire and burn hazards. The lithium-ion batteries installed in the device can overheat, which immediately poses a fire and burn hazard to its users.

Notebook computers or mobile work...