© 2016 by Maryland Life Safety Information Exchange.

September 6, 2019

The CPSC announced that the Whirlpool, KitchenAid and JennAir brand glass cooktops with touch control features have been recalled due to fire and burn hazards. 

There have been nearly 140 reports of the surface of cooktops turning on by themselves, therefore posing...

July 26, 2019

The CPSC announced a recall from H&M that includes two different styles of 100% cotton knit, long sleeve top with matching pants. Sizes of the recalled pajamas range from size 2 through 10. These pajamas were sold nationwide at H&M stores as well as online from July 20...

July 25, 2019

The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced that Porter Cable Table Saws made by Chang Type were recalled due to reports of the motor overheating, causing a fire hazard. These table saws are sold exclusively at Lowe's Stores nationwide and include 10" table saws w...

May 29, 2019

The U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission announced that Aegean Apparel recalled  Children’s Sleepwear due to a violation of the Federal Flammability Standard. The violation poses a serious risk of burn injuries to children. The recall includes a light green robe that...

May 17, 2019

The CPSC announced the the Imagine Nation Books issued a recall on the wireless charging pads due to a burn hazard. There have been ten reports of the wireless charging pads overheating and causing minor damage to the surface of furniture. No injuries have been reporte...

May 17, 2019

The CPSC announced that the Greenfield World Trade issued a recall for the Excalibur EZ DRY food dehydrators due to a fire hazard. Eight reports of the food dehydrator overheating and started melting and burning were reported. There were incidents of property dam

age in...

April 26, 2019

The CPSC announced a recall on Tekno’s Tuff Smoke-Less Grills due to fire and burn hazards. The grill

has been reported of overheating and some have resulted in fires that caused property damage and minor burn injuries. If you are in possession of a Tuff Smoke-Less gril...

April 26, 2019

The CPSC recalled the Viessmann Vitodens boilers due to carbon monoxide hazard. The Vitodens boiler heat exchanger backing can corrode and leak gases. This allows the boiler to emit large amounts of carbon monoxide, which puts consumers at risk for carbon monoxide pois...

April 26, 2019

The CPSC announced a recall of the CHAMBORD stove top espresso makers due to a fire and burn hazard. The handle of the device can ignite from the flame of a gas stove, posing a serious fire and burn hazard. Consumers should stop using the device immediately and return...

April 12, 2019

Happy Fire Safety Friday!

This week is all about pet safety! We all care for our pets like they’re our children, so lets make sure that they are protected like one! More than 500,000 pets are affected by house fires each year, and it is imperative to make sure that you...